Can I make a police report over the phone?

Reports are not taken over the phone. To make a police report, you must appear at the Madison Police Department located in the Madison Municipal Complex, 100 Hughes Road, Madison AL, 35758, or request an officer to respond to your location within the City of Madison. To request an officer for non-emergencies, call (256) 722-7190. For emergencies call 9-1-1.

Show All Answers

1. What are the Federal Regulations for a UAV (Drone, Quadcopter)?
2. How do I file a police report?
3. How do I apply for a pistol permit?
4. What do I do if I am involved in a traffic accident?
5. How do I schedule a vacation check for my home?
6. Where can I pay a traffic citation?
7. Can I make a police report over the phone?
8. How do I obtain a copy of a police or accident report?
9. How do I get my vehicle out of impound?
10. How can I find out if someone is in jail?
11. How can I find out who is investigating my case?
12. When should I call 9-1-1?
13. Who do I contact for traffic problems or enforcement requests?
14. Who do I contact about property and evidence?
15. What is the Chaplain Program?
16. What is the ordinance on door-to-door soliciting?