--New System Allows Multiple Methods of Reporting Crime
The Madison Police Department is excited to announce our new Text to Protect Tip Line. This tip line is an easy, confidential way to report activity, whether it be in a school or neighborhood, that you believe should be reported to the police. When you contact the tip line, provide as much detail as you can about the date, time, location, descriptions or names of persons involved, and details of the incident. If vehicles are involved, a license plate and car description would be very useful.
You can use any of the methods listed below:
• Text a tip to (256) 604-2345
• Call in a tip to (256) 604-2345
• Email a tip to Texttoprotect@madisonal.gov
Use the tip line to notify the police of activity in our community such as:
* Threats against schools or students * Domestic Violence
* Child Abuse * Community Vandalism
* Wanted Persons * Drug Sales
* Weapons * Rumors of Potential Crimes
Please continue to call 911 for any emergencies.
The Madison Police Department aggressively investigates citizen tips of criminal activity in our community. Although we prefer to speak directly to concerned citizens, we recognize that texting and emails are the preferred method of communication. We want to accommodate the way the public wants to communicate with us.