Currently, the City of Madison Police Department utilizes Import Wrecker Service for impounds. You may contact Import Wrecker Service at 256-532-7400 to find out the amount owed to reclaim your vehicle from them.
In some cases, there may be a hold placed on a vehicle by the Madison Police Department Investigation Division due to involvement in an ongoing investigation, at which time the vehicle will not be available for reclaiming until the hold is released.
If your vehicle is impounded by the Madison Police Department, you will need to come to the Madison Police Records Division to pick up an Impound Release before going to Import Wrecker Service. You must bring ALL of the following information to obtain this release:
- Government-issued driver's license or state-issued ID card
- A licensed driver if you don't have a valid driver's license
- Proof of ownership - Vehicles can only be released to the owner.
- Proof of insurance - Alabama State Law requires a minimum of liability insurance to drive on Alabama roadways.
Madison Police Department impound fees are as follows:
- $5 impound following an arrest
- $25 impound due to a violation of City Ordinance 2007-180
- Driver's license violations
- No driver's license
- Suspended or revoked driver's license