Insurance Required for Some Special Events

In the case of for-profit events, events that involve the sale, transfer, or consumption of alcoholic beverages, or any event where an admission fee will be charged, the person organizing, holding, or promoting the event (the sponsor) shall, at the time of the filing of a permit application, provide proof of bodily injury and public damage liability insurance naming the City as the insured and covering the entire public area of the event for the duration of the event in a minimum amount of $1,000,000 for the injury to or death of any one individual, $1,000,000 for the injury to or death of any number of individuals in one occurrence, and property damage liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.

Such policies shall insure both the City and the sponsor, but shall be so endorsed as to create the same liability on the part of the insurer as though a separate policy had been written for the City and the sponsor. Such policies shall be issued by a company authorized to engage in the insurance business in the state of Alabama and shall be approved by the City Attorney prior to the issuance of a permit.

Contact Us

For more information, contact the Patrol Secretary at 256-772-2567.