Madison - the right place for business
Conveniently located adjacent to Huntsville, Huntsville International Airport, Redstone Arsenal and Cummings Research Park, Madison, Alabama boasts high average incomes & high education levels, along with a business-welcoming, family-friendly environment that entices young professionals, retirees, and growing families. CNN Money Magazine named Madison in its top 50 Best Places to Live.
Madison’s impressive business community (a mix of hi-tech, service businesses, & retail stores) is ever-expanding to meet the needs of this steadily growing population & technology/research center.
Planned development projects & capital improvements to key roadways keep this progressive community moving. Expanded access to I-565, the nearby full-service airport, beautiful surroundings & sense of community make Madison a great place to grow your family & your business.
Madison’s Economic Development staff assist in:
- Community Profile - See what makes Madison a great choice
- Mosaic Segmentation - Demographic data by Experian
- 60-minute Consumer Demographics
- 1, 3, 5 Mile Radius - Consumer Demographics and Business Overview
- 3, 5, 10-Minute Drive Time - Consumer Demographics and Business Overview
- Immediate Trade Area Overview
- Intermediate Trade Area Overview
- Super Regional Trade Area Overview
- Consumer Travel Patterns to Hwy 72 - Target Center
- Consumer Travel Patterns to Madison Blvd - Walmart Center
- Industrial Development & Incentives - Start here for industry
- Best of List - We have started tracking all the rankings about what makes Madison and the metro area so wonderful to live, work, and play...read for yourself.
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Map or you can access the interactive GIS portal for zoning and other data. You can query your request by address to obtain the information.
- Construction Specs Manual
- ADA Compliance Regulations and Drawing Specifications for plans
- ADA Parking Lot restriping regulations
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
This is a list of all the "Bring it to Madison" survey responses received. If you are considering starting a franchise or just want to become an entrepreneur and tackle one of these, please visit the Economic Development Department for assistance in starting a new business. If you want to add to the list, please respond in our Bring it to Madison survey.
What resident's want?
Where they want it!
Cost Plus / World Market
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
|Town Madison; Hwy 72|
County Line; I-565, Madison Blvd
County Line; Town Madison
County Line; Madison Blvd
Hwy 72; Anywhere
County Line; Madison Blvd
Do you have a new business you'd like to see in Madison?
You can complete our online "Bring it to Madison" business suggestion form to let us know what businesses you want to see in the community! View the results in the tab above called "Bring it to Madison Results"!