Conveniently located adjacent to Huntsville, Huntsville International Airport, Redstone Arsenal and Cummings Research Park, Madison, Alabama boasts high average incomes & high education levels, along with a business-welcoming, family-friendly environment that entices young professionals, retirees, and growing families. CNN Money Magazine named Madison in its top 50 Best Places to Live.
Madison’s impressive business community (a mix of hi-tech, service businesses, & retail stores) is ever-expanding to meet the needs of this steadily growing population & technology/research center.
Planned development projects & capital improvements to key roadways keep this progressive community moving. Expanded access to I-565, the nearby full-service airport, beautiful surroundings & sense of community make Madison a great place to grow your family & your business.
Madison’s Economic Development staff assist in:
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Map or you can access the interactive GIS portal for zoning and other data. You can query your request by address to obtain the information.
- Construction Specs Manual
- ADA Compliance Regulations and Drawing Specifications for plans
- ADA Parking Lot restriping regulations
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
Do you have a new business you'd like to see in Madison?
You can complete our online "Bring it to Madison" business suggestion form to let us know what businesses you want see in the community! We will keep track of the requests and share the results on a website dashboard if we get enough requests for the same type of business.