Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Madison Senior Center building is currently closed to the public. However, the Madison Senior Center staff continues to work full time during normal business hours to answer phone calls and emails, as well as plan programs and services.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Alabama Department of Public Health announced that starting Monday, February 8, ADPH will extend eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations to include people 65 or older.
As of right now, there is only 1 location in Madison to receive the vaccination:
- Madison Health Mart Pharmacy - 8498 Madison Blvd, Suite A
Huntsville locations to receive vaccination:
- Huntsville Hospital Community Vaccination Clinic - people can join the Waitlist online by filling out a form (link below), and they will contact you directly when they have an appointment available. Must be a resident of Madison County. This will probably be a person's best beton getting an appointment for vaccination.
- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy - 2701 Patton Road SW, Ste E
- Encompass Health Rehab - 107 Governors Drive
- Happi Health - 813 Franklin St SE, Ste B
- Alabama Asthma Allergy and Immunology Center - 4030 Pepperwood Circle SW
- Crestwood Medical Center - 1 Hospital Drive SW
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ's - https://www.huntsvillehospital.org/images/PDFs/Pfizer-COVID-19-Vaccine-FAQs-web.pdf
- What to Expect When Getting Vaccinated - - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/vaccines/facts-covid-vaccines-english-508.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccines at Walmart Stores
Walmart has released a list of locations where residents who are eligible by state guidelines can sign up to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Stores nationwide will begin offering vaccines February 12, according to the company.
- Walmart #2690 - 8650 Madison Blvd
- Walmart #5703 - 8580 Hwy 72 W
- Walmart #7342 - 7140 Wall Triana Hwy
- Walmart #3185 - 4226 Oakwood Ave NW
- Sam's Club #4776 - 5651 Holmes Ave NW
- Walmart #375 - 3031 Memorial Pkwy SW
- Walmart #433 - 2200 Sparkman Dr. NW
- Walmart #434 - 11610 Memorial Pkwy SW
Walmart says people should should verify eligibility through the Alabama Department of Public Health’s website prior to scheduling an appointment.
LIHEAP Utility Assistance
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) utility assistance will begin scheduling appointments February 12, 2021. Please click the link below to see who qualifies, the required documentation, and how to schedule an appointment.
About the Senior Center
The Center offers daily fellowship, educational programs and recreational activities for senior adults ages 60 and over. The Center also offers lunch as well as a home-bound meal program.
Transportation is available for those seniors residing in the city limits of Madison.