The Madison Senior Center is a community focal point and meeting center for older adults, in which our members congregate for recreation, social and educational services. Our staff works in partnership with local agencies and organizations to provide our members access to an array of opportunities to stay safe, active and healthy. Whether you are new to the area or a local wanting to stay active and meet new people we encourage you to stop by and see what the MSC has to offer. For a current list of classes and activities, check out the monthly newsletter and activity calendar, or call the MSC at 256-772-6242 and a staff member will gladly answer any of your questions.
Activities and Classes
The MSC offers a range of classes and activities for all members. Whether it's participating in morning exercise classes or learning the fundamentals in ceramics the MSC has something for everyone. To allow MSC staff and volunteers preparation for an activity every member is required to register online for all classes and activities. This process better prepares the staff for food preparation, supplies, seating, prizes and handouts. One-on-one assistance is available on Monday and Wednesday afternoons (please see activity calendar for times) for any member needing assistance with registration on www.myactivecenter.com.
To register for an activity:
Once you complete and turn in a membership packet to the center, a staff member will take a member photo (for office purposes only) and issue the member a MSC key tag.
- Select Madison Senior Center as your local center and type in your MSC key tag number and phone number (must match with MSC membership form).
- You will then create an account with an email (must match with MSC membership form), username, and password. Please note that passwords are CASE SENSITIVE.
- Once you have activated your account, you can register for activities.
- Click on the desired activity. On the calendar page, highlight the day(s) you wish to attend. Once the activity is highlighted then click the register button. Then, in the Activity Registration box click the register button.
*If a couple share an email address, you can add your partner to your account located on the My Account page. Be sure to use each person's individual key tag.
Please note: You must have an email address and a center-issued membership key tag to register for activities.
To unregister for an activity:
- Login to www.myactivecenter.com
- On the top right corner of your screen click "Hi [your name]".
- Click on "My Activities" and it will bring up a calendar that shows you what events you have registered to attend.
- To cancel, click the red "X" on the right hand side that will remove you from that event.