The City of Madison Parks and Recreation Department invite boys and girls between the ages of 5-18 (k-12th grade) to join one of the most exciting sports that Madison has to offer.
- 5 and 6 years old - $75.00 - uniform, 6-10 practices, 4 game season, trophy
- 7 - 18 years old - $150.00 – uniform, practice shirt, practice time, 10 games, postseason tournament
Registration is closed and teams are finalized for the 2023-2024 youth basketball season.
- Practices for the 7U - 18U will begin in early November and the 5 &6 year olds will begin in December.
- Practices will be held throughout the week with the exception of Sunday.
- Practices will be held for 1 hour on ½ court.
- Dublin activities will begin at 5:30pm while the elementary school activities will begin at 6:30pm.
- If playing at the middle schools or high schools, times will vary as we will work around the school basketball games/activities throughout the season.
- Before the game season begins, each team should have at least 2 practices each week.
- Coaches will have the opportunity to schedule additional practices if court time is available.
- All practices are held at Dublin Park, and/or at the Madison City Schools.
- Developmental League (5 & 6 Year Olds) will begin in December and will end close to spring break. Detailed schedule will be sent to the players once we determine the number of teams in each league.
Regular Season Games
- Games are played throughout the week with the exception of Wednesdays and Sundays from November - February.
- All games are played in the Madison area at Dublin Park or the Madison City Schools.
- 7U-10U - once the game season begins, each team will have at least 2 activities per week. This may be 1 practice, 1 game or 2 games.
- 12U-18U teams may be scheduled 2 -3 games per week due to the short time frame of the season for these older age groups. Coaches will have an opportunity to schedule additional practices during the week as well.
- DBL (5 & 6 Year Olds) Game Season will begin in February
- Since we are very dependent on the school gymnasiums, game times will vary as we will work around the school activities throughout the season.
- Games will be scheduled every 60 minutes to help with the flow of spectators/participants entering and exiting the facilities.
- Tournament Play - Tournament play for our 14U & 18U league will be the beginning of January with the 14U & 18U followed by the 7U - 12U towards the end of January. Tournament should be complete by mid to late February for 7U -12U. There will not be a tournament for the 5 & 6 year olds.
Coaching Information for Head Coach and Assistant Coach:
- A detailed email to the coaches will be sent during the week of October 1st.
- All coaching requirements will be online to complete at your leisure.
- League scheduler will NOT schedule practices and/or games around coach or player conflicts this season.
Online Requirements for Coaches:
- Register to coach - Online Registration
- NAYS (National Alliance for Youth Sports) – sport specific training – email will be sent to you from NAYS
- Coach Safely – includes concussion certification - https://coachsafely.org/
- Background Checks - https://cityofmadison.quickapp.pro/
- Due to COVID-19, rescheduling of activities may not occur due to the timing or court time we have during the season.
- Parents will be required to inform the child’s coach and MPRD by phone, email or text should any member of the household be tested for COVID-19.
- Individuals with a positive test should inform any close contacts that they may have been exposed.
- Anyone within the household who is diagnosed with a positive test result or having symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to attend any practices or games for 5 days without symptoms and 3 days of fever free without the use of fever reducing medication.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep everyone updated as needed.
The Madison Baseball Association (MBA) is a parent volunteer organization dedicated to providing recreational baseball to the children of Madison between the ages of 4-15 years. For more information, please visit the MBA website.
- Age Information - Age for play is determined as of April 30 of the current year.
- Registration - Registration is normally held in January of each year. MBA is going more towards online registration and has completed some additional enhancements to make it easier on the parents. In person registration dates will be posted to the Recreation Calendar each season.
Madison Youth Football and Cheer
- Registration - Online Registration for the Madison Youth Football and Cheer (Madison YFC) usually begins in May and on-site registrations are normally held in April, May and June. The program is for children between the ages of 5-12 years.
- Age Information - Age is determined as of August 1 of the current year. Football divisions are based on ages with limited weight restrictions.
- Practices - Participants must have a physical prior to the beginning of practices. Practices will begin around mid July.
- Regular Season Games - The season will start in early August with regular games going through late November. All home games and practices will be held at the lower fields in Palmer Park.
- More Information
- For more information, please visit the Madison Youth Football and Cheer website.
Madison Softball League
Girls between the ages of 4-14 years are invited and encouraged to the join the Madison Softball League.
- Spring Registration is held in December - February
- Fall Registration is held in July - early August
- Age for Play - Age is determined as of January 1 of the current year. The softball year runs from August to July.
- Fees: Spring - $150.00
Fall - $90.00
- Seasons: The Spring Season runs from late February until late May, ending prior to the end of the school year. The Fall Season starts early to mid August (after school starts) and ends late October.
Most activities are held at the Westco Softball Complex located at Palmer Park. The Westco Softball Complex consists of softball fields, batting cages, concession stand, and parking.
For more information concerning the Madison Softball League, please visit the softball website.
American Youth Soccer Organization
American Youth Soccer Organization’s (AYSO) mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs where everyone builds positive character through participation in a fun, family environment based on the AYSO philosophies:
- Everyone plays
- Balanced teams
- Positive coaching
- Open registration
- Good sportsmanship
- Player development
Registration - AYSO Region 498 fall soccer registration in usually held in May and June. Boys and girls between the ages of 4-18 years are eligible to participate.
Age Information - Age is determined by August 1 of the current year.
Practices - Practice beings in early August.
Regular Season Games - The first soccer game is set for mid to late August. Tournaments are held in October and November.
AYSO will have registration for indoor soccer in November and December with games set to begin in January. Indoor soccer season continues until mid March.
Spring Soccer Season
AYSO will have a spring soccer season which is usually from March – late May.
For more information concerning AYSO Region 498 Soccer, please visit the AYSO website.
Madison Dolphins Swim Team
The Madison Dolphins Swim Team is a summer recreation league with Madison Parks and Recreation Department and the Alabama Recreation and Parks Association. The Dolphins Swim Team has been a part of the Madison Community for over 30 years and continues to strive for the very best.
Registration / Try-Outs - Registration/try-outs for the team is usually held in May. All participants must attend an evaluation prior to being a part of the Dolphins Swim Team. Anyone new to the Madison Swim Team must be able to swim the length of a 25-yard pool.
Based on the swimmer’s age and ability level, the coach will assign the swimmer to either the Developmental Team or the Dolphins Competitive Swim Team. The team is for boys and girls between the ages of 6 to 18 years.
More Information - For more information about the Madison Dolphins Summer Swim Team, please visit the Dolphins website.
Madison Swim Association
The Madison Swim Association (MSA) is a USA Swim Team in the local swimming committee (LSC) of USA Swimming, Southeastern Swimming. The geographic territory of Southeastern Swimming, Inc. is:
- The state of Alabama, except the counties of Chamber and Russell
- The state of Tennessee
- The state of Florida, the counties of Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Washington, Bay, and that portion of Jackson and Calhoun counties west of the Apalachicola River
MSA is located in Madison, Alabama.
MSA Coaches - All MSA Coaches are U.S. certified and are required to fulfill safety training requirements as established by the USA Swimming Board of Directors.
To learn more about the Madison Swim Association, please visit the MSA website.
Information regarding the spring 2024 season will be announced soon.