- Boards & Committees
- Madison Municipal Cemeteries Committee
Madison Municipal Cemeteries Committee
- Quarterly; Third Tuesday of the month at 3:00 PM
- Conference Room No. 130, Main level of Madison Municipal Complex
- Not less than semi-annually
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
The Madison Municipal Cemeteries Committee is responsible for studying, making recommendations to the City Council, and performing and assisting in the performance of maintenance of and improvements to the grounds and structures of all cemeteries operated and maintained by the City as provided in Ordinance No. 2012-48
- Dennis Vaughn (email) (Madison Station Historic Preservation Commission Member) Term expires Oct 27, 2024
- Maura Wroblewski (Email) - Term expires 2024
- Public Works Director Kent Smith (Email)
- City Clerk-Treasurer Lisa D. Thomas (Email)
- Mayor Paul Finley (Email)- Term expires 2024
- Public Works Employee Colby Smith (Email) - Term expires May 28, 2025
- Jason Richardson (Email) - Term expires May 28, 2025
- Cindi Sanderson (Email), President - Term expires May 28, 2025
- Rev. Evelyn Matthews (Email) - Term expired May 28, 2025
The Committee shall consist of nine members. The member serving in Place 1 shall be a current member of the Madison Station Historic Preservation Commission selected by the Mayor and whose term of appointment shall correspond to their official tenure on the Madison Station Historic Preservation Commission. The member serving in Place 2 shall be a member of the City Council selected by the Council and whose term of appointment shall correspond to their official tenure on the City Council. Places 3 through 5 shall be the Director of Public Works, the City Clerk-Treasurer and the Mayor or his/her designees whose terms of appointment shall correspond to their official tenures as Director of Public Works, City Clerk-Treasurer and Mayor, respectively.
The member serving in Place 6 shall be an employee of the Public Works Department to be selected by the Public Works Director and who shall serve at the discretion of the Director but in no event shall any Public Works employee serve in Place 6 more than five years in the aggregate. Places 7 through 9 must be residents of Madison and shall be appointed by the City Council to serve four-year terms.