City of Madison, AL - Home Page

Go To Search
homeprint page
Calendar  |  Bid Opportunities  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap
Code Enforcement
Code Enforcement is concerned with the preservation, maintenance, and aesthetics of all residential, commercial, and industrial properties within the City of Madison. Code Enforcement, in a joint effort with property owners and tenants, helps ensure that Madison is a premier city in which to live, work, and raise a family.

The top violations & complaints received:
  • Grass & Weeds
    It shall be a violation for any person to permit grass & weeds to grow to a height in excess of 12 inches on any premises or lot owned by such person within the City.
  • Prohibited Parking / Storage of Inoperable Vehicles
    Inoperable vehicles must be parked/stored on a paved driveway and covered with a car cover. Inoperable vehicles cannot be parked /stored on public streets.
  • Front Yard Parking
    Parking of motorized vehicles shall be prohibited within the yard area between the street and the building, except on a paved driveway.
  • Other Parking Restrictions in Residential Zones
    It shall be unlawful for any person, whether owner or operator, to leave on any public street any recreational vehicle, mobile home, motor home, boat or trailer.
  • Maintenance of Land
    All land shall be maintained free from any accumulation of garbage, litter, debris, blight or deterioration.
  • Failure to Establish Utility Line Location 
        The Ordinance of the City of Madison, AL (Ordinance No. 96-76, Section 6.4.3) requires a
        notification of at least 72 hours for utility lines to be located prior to the start of any
        excavation. Click here for more information.

Information on services and maintenance performed by the City of Madison Public Works Department can be obtained by calling 256-772-0000 or by visiting their web page.

For animal control, please contact the Madison Police Department Animal Control Division at (256) 722-7190.

For more information, please contact us via email
or call (256) 772-5644. You may also Report a Violation online.


Privacy Statement  |  Accessibility  |  Copyright Notices  |  Renewable Energy  |  Photo Credits  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap  |  Powered by CivicPlus