City of Madison, AL - Home Page

Go To Search
homeprint page
Calendar  |  Bid Opportunities  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap
Alcoholic Beverage
To apply for an Alcoholic Beverage License, first check the zoning to ensure that sales of beer, wine, or liquor are allowable. View the Zoning Code and Zoning Map for more information.

Licenses for on-premises consumption of beer, wine, or liquor are only granted to establishments in the City of Madison that maintain gross retail sales of food in excess of 50% of its total gross sales.

Alcoholic Beverage License
To apply for an Alcoholic Beverage License, complete an Application for Sales of Alcoholic Beverages and have all signatures notarized. There is a non-refundable application fee of $100 and a publication fee of $184.00 (in the case of wine or liquor license requests).

Applications for the sales of wine or liquor require a public hearing before the Madison City Council to consent the issuance of a license by the State of Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. No public hearing may be held less than 14 days from the date of filing the application or less than 10 days from the day of publication in the newspaper.

Upon the issuance of your State of Alabama ABC License for the sales of alcoholic beverages, bring copies to the Revenue Department, located at 100 Hughes Road, and we will issue your local business license for the sales of alcoholic beverages.

Privacy Statement  |  Accessibility  |  Copyright Notices  |  Renewable Energy  |  Photo Credits  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap  |  Powered by CivicPlus