To hire an off-duty Police Officer, you can contact the Patrol Division Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at (256) 772-2567. The following requirements must be met:
- The event must be within the City limits of Madison.
- If applicable, you must provide a copy of all appropriate City of Madison Business licenses.
- You must make the request at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Each officer is paid $30 per hour with a three-hour minimum.
- You must provide insurance showing you have at least $100,000 liability coverage that will indemnify the off-duty officer, pursuant to section 6-5-338(c), Code of Alabama 1975.
Your request must be approved by the Chief of Police and the Mayor.