- Feature Links
- Privacy Statement
Privacy and Security
INTERNET SECURITY POLICY
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we may gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "abccompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the City of Madison website from another website, the address of that website.
- We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors—to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
IF YOU SEND US PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose to provide us with personal information by sending an e-mail to the Mayor or someone else in the City of Madison, or by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it through our website, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with information that you request. We do not collect personal information for any other purposes. The information you provide is not given to any private organizations or private persons. The City of Madison does not collect or use information for commercial marketing.
We would share your e-mail with another government agency only if your inquiry related to that agency or if we were required to do so by law.
Under Alabama law, email addresses may be public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the office by phone or in writing.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
City of Madison reserves the right to periodically review and amend this policy. We encourage you to review our policy for changes on a regular basis.