Planning & Economic Development
Find Answers About Zoning and Permits
- Starting a Business
- New Signs or Updates to Existing Signs
- Zoning Verification Letters
- Growth Policy - Zoning and Annexation
Email a specific question:
Find Answers About Development Approval
- Site Plan Application
- Subdivision Application
- Annexation Process
- Zoning Amendment (Rezoning)
- Vacations of Easement Application
Email your question about:
Find Answers About Site Selection and Economic Development
Industrial Development and Incentives
Starting a Business in Madison
- I would like to rezone some of my property. What should I do?
- I am considering opening a business in Madison. What should I do?
- Where and how in the City can I develop a particular use (e.g., residential)?
- What is the zoning on a subject property and what may be built on it?
- Where can I obtain a copy of an existing survey for a specific parcel of land?
- What are the required building setbacks for a subject property?
- How big of a shed am I permitted to have and where on my property can I place it?
- Does the City have a Comprehensive Plan?
- Is the City's zoning map online?
- How do I annex into the City of Madison?
- Who do I call if I have questions?