This service eliminates potential fire hazards and provides a great educational opportunity for owners, tenants, and occupants on how to recognize and eliminate hazards.
Common Violations Door Handle Requirement
Some of the common violations found are:
- Exit and emergency lights inoperable
- Blocked paths of egress
- Fire extinguishers not serviced annually and minimum size not being 4A40BC (10LB)
- Fire alarm systems not serviced and tested annually
- Automatic sprinkler systems not serviced and tested annually
- Incorrect building lettering. Must be 8" letters.
Requesting an Inspection
If we have not inspected your occupancy within the past year, please call Melvin Malone at (256) 772-2888 to schedule an inspection. This is for existing occupancies only.
If an inspection is needed on a new occupancy, please contact the Permitting Division at (256) 772-5644.
If you need a quick reference guide, feel free to use the Zoning Compliance Checklist Pamphlet