Madison - the right place for business
Conveniently located adjacent to Huntsville, Huntsville International Airport, Redstone Arsenal and Cummings Research Park, Madison, Alabama boasts high average incomes & high education levels, along with a business-welcoming, family-friendly environment that entices young professionals, retirees, and growing families. CNN Money Magazine named Madison in its top 50 Best Places to Live over 10 years ago and the City remains strong - in 2021, 2022 and 2023 Madison was ranked the #1 Zip Code in Alabama to live in, based on a variety of factors evaluated by Niche, and ranked 12th in the United States in 2021 by Money Magazine.
Madison’s impressive business community (a mix of hi-tech, service businesses, & retail stores) is ever-expanding to meet the needs of this steadily growing population & technology/research center.
Planned development projects & capital improvements to key roadways keep this progressive community moving. Expanded access to I-565, the nearby full-service airport, beautiful surroundings & sense of community make Madison a great place to grow your family & your business.
Madison’s Economic Development staff assist in:
- Attracting new businesses to Madison
- Assisting existing business with growth & expansion
- Assisting in the (re)development of the downtown area
- Promoting Madison’s superior business climate & quality of life
- Coordination with the Madison Industrial Development Board
- Community Profile - See what makes Madison a great choice
- 60-minute Consumer Demographics
- 1, 3, 5 Mile Radius - Community Overview
- 3, 5, 10-Minute Drive Time - Community Overview
- Immediate Trade Area Overview
- Intermediate Trade Area Overview
- Super Regional Trade Area Overview
- Industrial Development & Incentives - Start here for industry
- Best of List - We have started tracking all the rankings about what makes Madison and the metro area so wonderful to live, work, and play...read for yourself.
This is a list of all the "Bring it to Madison" survey responses received. If you are considering starting a franchise or just want to become an entrepreneur and tackle one of these, please visit the Economic Development Department for assistance in starting a new business. If you want to add to the list, please respond in our Bring it to Madison survey.
What resident's want?
Where they want it!
Cost Plus / World Market
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
|Town Madison; Hwy 72
County Line; I-565, Madison Blvd
County Line; Town Madison
County Line; Madison Blvd
Hwy 72; Anywhere
County Line; Madison Blvd
Do you have a new business you'd like to see in Madison?
You can complete our online "Bring it to Madison" business suggestion form to let us know what businesses you want to see in the community! View the results in the tab above called "Bring it to Madison Results"!