Cemeteries Maintained by the City
The City of Madison owns and maintains two cemeteries:
- Madison Memory Gardens (formerly known as Royal Cemetery), which is located on Hughes Road just north of City Hall
- Madison Cemetery, which is located on Mill Road, just west of City Hall
To locate a cemetery lot or to have a headstone placed on a lot you will need to call Public Works at (256) 772-0000.
- The City of Madison has sold out of all available spaces at both City owned cemeteries
- Opening and closing graves - fees are collected by the Funeral Home
- Location/Inspection fee - $100 paid to City Clerk-Treasurer Department at time of burial arrangements
- 24-hour notice is required to complete the opening of a grave site.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk-Treasurer Department at (256) 772-5610 or email.