- General functional oversight of the City's street and drainage facilities.
- Engineering plan review and construction inspection of site development relative to citywide street and storm drainage system
- Monitor the City's major streets for volume and flow, and recommend changes when necessary
- Develop and implement a citywide storm drainage improvement program to evaluate, prioritize and design storm drainage system
- Manage and maintain the City's GIS mapping
- Provide Civil Engineering support for all City Departments
- Provide Floodplain Management
- Administer the City's MS-4 Permit for clean water management