- Human Resources
- Job Openings
Welcome to the City of Madison's application process!
The City of Madison has transitioned to Online Applications. You must apply for all open positions online, please check the Job Openings link or Promotional Openings link for current Regular Employees at the bottom of this page. Once you are redirected to the Madison Careers page, click on the job title you are interested in and click on the "Apply" button at the top-right. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account by clicking "Sign In" at the top right corner of the menu bar. Then click "Create an account" at the bottom of the pop up screen. Then enter a Username and Password (A best practice is to enter the user’s email address to ensure a unique username). This will ensure a unique username.. After your account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on the "Build Job Application" link. The application you create can be saved and can be used to apply for future job openings. For applicant support, you may contact NeoGov Phone Support at toll-free 855-524-5627 or you may click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
Please read before applying for any job:
- A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in determining the best match to specific job requirements and qualifications.
- Resumes may be attached in addition to, but not in place of, any portion of your application. When completing your work history, DO NOT use “See Resume” as your response. The information you provide in your application will be used to determine the best fit for the posted position.
- The City of Madison only accepts applications for jobs currently posted and reserves the right to extend or cancel any job posting without prior notice. Applications must be submitted and received by the closing date of the job posting. Applications will no longer be accepted after the closing date of the position.
- Your application for each position you apply for is final and cannot be changed once it has been submitted. Be sure to review your answers prior to submitting each application. However, applicants must answer all specific supplemental questions applicable to each new opening. Please double check that you adequately answered all supplemental questions specific to each job opening. If a candidate submits multiple applications, only the initial application will be considered. Applications may be rejected if incomplete (Such as no written work history).
- Due to the volume of responses received, Human Resources may not be able to provide a status of consideration. You will receive one (1) email that the City has received your application. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the interview process will be notified by the Hiring Department.
- Applicants with a disability who feel they need accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department on or before the closing date of the announcement.
- If you are interested in a position that is not currently advertised, please complete an online job interest card. For each Job Interest Card you complete, you will receive email notifications for the next 12 months should a position be posted.
The City of Madison is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the City of Madison to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws (except where age or physical requirements constitute a bona fide occupational qualification necessary for proper, safe and efficient functioning in the job).
The City of Madison participates in E-Verify.
Promotional Openings (for Internal Employees Only)
Online Employment Application Guide